- This event has passed.
Mill Hill Historic Park Summer Self-Guided Tours
August 20 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until September 4, 2022
- Self Guided Tours: Saturdays & Sundays 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Tickets available Online or at the door.
- Mill Hill Historic Park features the new award-winning exhibition, “Norwalk’s Changing Communities: 13,000BC – 1835” in the town house which includes child centered interactive activities. Also on site is the c1740 Governor Fitch Law Office for a colonial life experience and the c1826 Downtown District one-room schoolhouse. Stroll through the Colonial Herb Garden and the Mill Hill Graveyard, the third oldest in Norwalk all with spectacular views of the Norwalk River. All exhibits and buildings are self-guided.
Are you a CT family? Then take part in the CT Summer at the Museum program where Connecticut children ages 18 and under plus one accompanying Connecticut resident adult get free admission to Mill Hill Historic Park. Limit 5 children per family.
When purchasing tickets online, choose “CT Summer at the Museum” admission. Get Tickets Here * The accompanying adult must show proof of CT residency when checking in at the museum.
**CT Summer at the Museum program is for CT residents only. Camps, Scouts, youth groups and clubs can not take advantage of this program.
The CT Summer at the Museum program at Mill Hill Historic Park runs from Saturday, July 16, 2022 – Sunday, September 4, 2022.
Funding for the initiative is provided by the CT General Assembly, the with the support of Connecticut Humanities and the Department of Economic and Community Development, Office of the Arts, which also receives support from the federal ARPA. Why visit a museum with you family? A visit to a museum provides a special opportunity that can positively impact mental health, demonstrably improve learning outcomes among children and youth, and offer positive activities and outlets in many of the neighborhoods, towns, and cities that we serve.
The Norwalk Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. To Donate or become a Member visit: https://norwalkhistoricalsociety.org/join-donate/
Make sure to follow us on Facebook @NorwalkHistSoc and on Instagram at @norwalkhistoricalsociety for all the updates.
Mill Hill Historic Park Visitor Guidelines:
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff are our highest priority. Therefore, we continue to implement the State of Connecticut’s regulations, CDC guidelines, and industry standards for best museum practices during the ongoing pandemic with the following rules and measures established for your visit.
• Masks are optional for VACCINATED visitors.
Masks are highly recommended for UNVACCINATED visitors.
• We will be limiting the number of visitors to facilitate safe social distancing using timed and delayed entry.
• Social distancing shall be required for all staff, volunteers and visitors. Social distancing means keeping 6 feet apart from guests, docents, and staff at all times during your visit.
• Bathrooms will accommodate 1 person at any given time.
• Only two people will be allowed in the elevator at a time.
• The Norwalk Historical Society will make hand sanitizer available at entrances, exits and common areas.
• We are taking precautions in cleaning common areas with EPA approved cleaning products. Sanitary wipes and trash cans will be available in the restrooms to avoid direct contact on commonly used surfaces.
• All visitors will have to agree to these regulations before purchasing tickets to the Norwalk Historical Society Museum.
All ticket purchases are non-refundable, except when the event is cancelled by the Norwalk Historical Society. No credit or refund is available if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.