- This event has passed.
Holiday Cards for Kids
November 12, 2020 - December 1, 2020
Create Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years or generic winter holiday cards in the comfort of your own home for the non-profit organization, Cards for Hospitalized Kids.
The Norwalk Historical Society will mail the cards to Cards for Hospitalized Kids in time for holiday distribution.
Drop off cards at the Norwalk Historical Society Museum anytime between November 12th – December 1st.
Museum building is located on the Norwalk City Hall Complex. Parking at Norwalk City Hall Parking Lot: 125 East Ave. Norwalk, CT.
Museum is the brick house with blue front doors
Put cards in the Holiday Card Mailbox located under the porch at the side door of the museum.
Before making cards, please review these card making guidelines from Cards for Hospitalized Kids:
Card Making Guidelines from Cards for Hospitalized Kids
- Please consider making a variety of cards: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years & Happy Holidays
- You can use craft supplies, such as: stickers, stamps, etc., so long as the products are not excessive to the point of falling/rubbing off the card (this can create health concerns for some kids).
- At the request of hospitals, DO NOT write “Get well”, “Feel Better” or other illness related comments.
You are awesome
Never forget how amazing YOU are
- Sign cards with your first name only. (Please do not sign your last name).
- No need to put your card in an envelope.
- Please DO NOT include any personal information, such as: phone number, address, email address etc. Hospitals will not allow the organization to distribute cards with this information.
- Please DO NOT write any religious comments such as “God Bless” or “I’m praying for you”. Hospitals do not allow the organization to distribute cards with these comments. Hospitals treat patients of all religions as well as patients that do not practice religion.