Norwalk Historical Society Museum – Self Guided Tours
October 13 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 12:00 pm, repeating until December 31, 2022
Self-Guided Tours Wednesday – Saturday
Open Noon – 4pm
General admission is: $5 for adults, $3 for seniors 65+, $3 Youth 4 – 17 All sales are final. No Refunds.
Tickets also available at the door.
Exhibitions at the Norwalk Historical Society Museum include:
“Caught in the Crosshairs: The Secret of the Norden Bombsight” curated by Judith Bacal
“Destination Norwalk: African-American Migration from the South, 1940 – 1970” curated by Kathleen Motes Bennewitz
“Eating off the Landscape: The Farrington-Lockwood Dessert Service” and “Form, Function, Family: Silver from the Norwalk Historical Society and City of Norwalk Collections” both curated by Elizabeth Pratt Fox
“Margaret Hoyt Smith Norwalk’s First Female Architect” curated by Lynn Friedman
“New Deal, New Day: WPA Artists at Work and Play” curated by Valerie A. Cooper
“Norwalk Collects: Celebrating Four Historic Collections” curated by Elizabeth Pratt Fox
“Norwalk: Portrait of Diversity” co-curated by Leslie Korzennik & Scott Kuykendall with photography by the late Tony Velez
“Self and the World: Experiencing Photography in 19th-Century Norwalk” curated by Elizabeth Avery
The Norwalk Historical Society Museum’s Gift Shop will be open during self-guided tour hours. The gift shop showcases the work of local artists and features an eclectic array of distinctive merchandise including home decor, paintings, mixed media art, photography, jewelry, books, clothing, vintage-inspired toys, pottery as well as Norwalk Historical Society logo wear.
The Norwalk Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. To Donate or become a Member visit: https://norwalkhistoricalsociety.org/join-donate/
Make sure to follow us on Facebook @NorwalkHistSoc and on Instagram at @norwalkhistoricalsociety for all the updates.
Norwalk Historical Society Museum Visitor Guidelines
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff are our highest priority. Therefore, we continue to implement the State of Connecticut’s regulations, CDC guidelines, and industry standards for best museum practices during the ongoing pandemic with the following rules and measures established for your visit.
• Masks are optional for VACCINATED visitors.
Masks are highly recommended for UNVACCINATED visitors.
• We will be limiting the number of visitors to facilitate safe social distancing using timed and delayed entry.
• Social distancing shall be required for all staff, volunteers and visitors. Social distancing means keeping 6 feet apart from guests, docents, and staff at all times during your visit.
• Bathrooms will accommodate 1 person at any given time.
• Only two people will be allowed in the elevator at a time.
• The Norwalk Historical Society will make hand sanitizer available at entrances, exits and common areas.
• We are taking precautions in cleaning common areas with EPA approved cleaning products. Sanitary wipes and trash cans will be available in the restrooms to avoid direct contact on commonly used surfaces.
• All visitors will have to agree to these regulations before purchasing tickets to the Norwalk Historical Society Museum.
All ticket purchases are non-refundable, except when the event is cancelled by the Norwalk Historical Society. No credit or refund is available if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.