- This event has passed.
Self-Guided Tours of Mill Hill Historic Park
June 5, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
One event on June 5, 2021 at 1:00 pm
One event on June 5, 2021 at 2:00 pm
One event on June 5, 2021 at 3:00 pm
- PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADVANCE
- Saturday, June 5, 2021 – Tours at 12:00pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm
- Mill Hill Historic Park is located at 2 East Wall Street Norwalk, CT. Parking on site. If lot is full, there is additional parking across the street at the HSC building on the corner of East Wall Street and Park Street.
- Please read our visitor guidelines below before buying tickets.
Adults: $8.00 per person
Seniors ages 65+: $6.00 per person
Youth ages 4 – 17: $6.00 per person
Children 3 and under are free
All sales are final. No refunds.
History is all around you at Mill Hill Historic Park!
Explore the c1740 Governor Fitch Law Office which has been completely renovated and reinterpreted; new interpretive panels provide information about Colonial life and Governor Fitch.
Visit the c1826 Downtown District One Room Schoolhouse and the exhibit, “One Room Schoolhouses: A History of Education in Norwalk 1650-1870”, which highlights the early history of education in Norwalk using old photographs, original documents and period textbooks. Both exhibits were curated by Dr. Daryn Reyman-Lock with graphic design by Scott Kuykendall.
Then stroll through the Mill Hill Burying Ground, Norwalk’s third oldest, and delight in the blooming Colonial Herb Garden.
Mill Hill Historic Park Visitor Guidelines
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff are our highest priority. Therefore, we continue to implement the State of Connecticut’s regulations, CDC guidelines, and industry standards for best museum practices during the ongoing pandemic with the following rules and measures established for your visit.
• All visitors will be required to wear masks regardless of vaccination status when inside the Mill Hill Historic Park buildings.
• If you have a medical condition that keeps you from wearing a mask, we ask you to please visit at a later date when it is deemed safe for visitors not to wear a mask.
• If you do not have a mask available, or your mask is deemed ineffective, the Norwalk Historical Society will make a disposable mask available to you.
• All tickets must be purchased online and in advance. We will not be able to accept walk-ins at this time. If you arrive without a ticket, we will ask you to visit our website at www.norwalkhistoricalsociety.org/events and purchase a ticket before entering.
• We will be limiting the number of visitors to facilitate safe social distancing using timed and delayed entry.
• Social distancing shall be required for all staff, volunteers and visitors. Social distancing means keeping 6 feet apart from guests, docents, and staff at all times during your visit.
• Bathrooms will accommodate 1 person at any given time.
• The Norwalk Historical Society will make hand sanitizer available at entrances, exits and common areas.
• We are taking precautions in cleaning common areas with EPA approved cleaning products. Sanitary wipes and trash cans will be available in the restrooms to avoid direct contact on commonly used surfaces.
• All visitors will have to agree to these regulations before purchasing tickets to Mill Hill Historic Park buildings.
The Norwalk Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. To Donate or become a Member visit: https://norwalkhistoricalsociety.org/join-donate/
Make sure to follow us on Facebook @NorwalkHistSoc and on Instagram at @norwalkhistoricalsociety for all the updates.